PAW representatives will be paired with international exchange students as part of our mission to encourage cross-cultural skills. Participants will join the OEA team in leadership activities while building valuable and diverse relationships with students from around the world.
The Office of Education Abroad is now accepting applications for the PAW Program! This program pairs FIU students with inbound international exchange students for an academic year. The goals of the program are to welcome and help international exchange students throughout their experience at FIU, as well as develop FIU students’ cross-cultural and leadership skills. Participants of the PAW Program also have the chance to earn Global Medallion points. More information about the program can be found in the PAW Application.
Intended Benefits of PAW Program:
- Satisfaction of helping international students
- Cross-cultural communication skills
- Leadership skill development
- Ongoing training and guidance from OEA staff
- Public speaking opportunities
- Event planning opportunities
- Application priority for conferences, when available
- Five-six activity points towards Global Learning Medallion
- Program completion certificate
- Recognition awards
- Letter of recommendation, on request