In case of emergency abroad
If this is a life or death situation, please call the local emergency phone number in the country where you are.
Please also contact the Office of Education Abroad at the emergency 24/7 phone number:
or the emergency email email@example.com. For non-emergency matters, you can reach us during regular business hours (8:30 am to 5 pm EST) at 305-348-1913.
Cultural Insurance Services International
If you are a student and faculty director on an OEA program facing an emergency, please call AXA, the emergency response for CISI insurance.
Inside the US: 1-855-327-1411
Outside the US: 1-312-935-1703
Questions you will be asked when opening a case:
- FIU’s policy number (listed on the insurance card received prior to departure)
- Caller’s/Participant’s first and last name
- Date(s) of birth for the participant(s) experiencing the emergency
- Contact details
- Type of service requested
- Brief Summary of Request/Incident
- Location where assistance is requested
Download the brochure for Coverage Information.